Farmboy is a fast-paced marketing firm where we do seriously great work but don’t take work too seriously. We pride ourselves on over-achieving for our clients while collaborating to accomplish our goals in a fun team environment and our teammates enjoy a great work-life balance. The design intern will work closely with the Art Director and creative team to create, conceptualize, and develop design, illustration, social media, and other assets. This role’s primary focus will be to support the Art Director and creative department in executing quality work in a wide range of projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and conceptualize clear visual ideas, illustrations, assets, and designs.
- Assists with brand identities and creative direction.
- Create visually engaging and functional mobile, web, and print products.
- Translate client directions, user needs, and technical requirements into designs that are visually engaging and problem-solving.
- Develop production-level work within brand guidelines.
- Track your client hours as well as pitch in with other projects as needed.
- Prioritize multiple projects and daily tasks simultaneously.
- Assist with brainstorming sessions and special projects as needed.
- College Degree or working towards one in Graphic Design, Visual Design, or related field.
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Canva, and Microsoft Office.
- A strong and varied portfolio.
- Strong foundation in design, layout, and typography.
- Ability to take creative direction and work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to prioritize your time and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sharp attention to detail, ability to communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that seeking and receiving feedback is part of the learning process.
- A positive attitude, willingness to learn, great talent, and a never-ending strive for excellence.
- Knowledge/experience in the following areas are a plus (not required): After Effects, UI/UX, Social Media, and Web Design